An open source kernel extension enabling native macOS HD audio for not officially supported codecs without any filesystem modifications. AppleALCU can be used for systems with digital-only audio.
- Digital and analog audio support starting from the OS installation
- Recovery HD/macOS Installer audio support
- Automated codec detection
- Unsupported audio controller enabling (internal and external)
- Arbitrary kext patching
- Custom platform/layout injection
- Works with SIP / El Capitan+
- Currently compatible with 64-bit 10.6-12
- Apple for macOS
- Onyx The Black Cat by fG! for the base of the kernel patcher
- capstone by Nguyen Anh Quynh for the disassembler module
- toleda, Mirone and certain others for audio patches and layouts
- Pike R. Alpha for lzvn decompression and certain HDMI patches
- 07151129 for some code parts and suggestions
- roddy20 for training and research dumps to a patching of codecs
- vit9696 for writing the software and maintaining it
- Andrey1970AppleLife, vandroiy2013 for maintaining the codec database
To support more audio codecs in the binary packages you are asked to submit your configurations. Please read the wiki for more details. For the contributors with programming skills the headers are filled with AppleDOC comments.
Support and discussion
Writing and supporting code is fun but it takes time. If you want to thank the author for his work consider contributing, bugreporting, or providing the support to other users.