A Riru module trying to provide an ART hooking framework (initially for Android Pie) which delivers consistent APIs with the OG Xposed, leveraging YAHFA (or SandHook) hooking framework, supports Android 8.0 ~ 11.
Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. That's great because it means that modules can work for different versions and even ROMs without any changes (as long as the original code was not changed too much). It's also easy to undo. As all changes are done in the memory, you just need to deactivate the module and reboot to get your original system back. There are many other advantages, but here is just one more: Multiple modules can do changes to the same part of the system or app. With modified APKs, you to decide for one. No way to combine them, unless the author builds multiple APKs with different combinations.
- Android R (11)[sdk30] (Experimental)
- Android Q (10)[sdk29]
- Android Pie (9)[sdk28]
- Android Oreo (8.x)[sdk26/27]
For Android Nougat (7.x) and lower, please use the original Xposed Framework.
- Execute task
:edxp-core:[zip|push][Yahfa|Sandhook]Releaseto build flashable zip for corresponding variant.
- Find the flashable under
- Flash the zip in recovery mode or via Magisk Manager.
For latest Canary build, you need Magisk v21+ and Riru-Core v23+.
- Install Magisk v19+ (for Huawei/Honor or OnePlus 7T/7TPro device, Magisk v20.2+ is required)
- Install Riru-Core v19+ from Magisk repo.
- Download and install EdXposed in Magisk Manager or recovery mode.
- Install companion application.
- Have fun! :)
Edxposed has three different builds
Stable：Stable version after passing the test, suitable for general users, update slowly. Download Stable version in Magisk Manager's [Downloads] tab
Alpha: Test version with multiple commits. Download Alpha version in [Github Releases]
Canary: Debug version. Automatically build by CI. Download Canary version in [EdXposed Manager]
Both Xposed Installer and EdXposed Installer are deprecated. Support will be stopped for later versions. Please use EdXposed Manager
- For v0.2.9.5 and before: Xposed Installer.
- For v0.2.9.6 and v0.2.9.7: Xposed Installer + EdXp Manager(optional).
- For v0.2.9.8 and later: EdXposed Installer and EdXposed Manager.
- For the latest version, we recommend to use EdXposed Manager.
- List of Xposed Modules For Android Pie Working With EdXposed (thanks to Uraniam9 @ xda-developers)
GitHub issues: Issues
Notice(for Chinese): In view of the low quality of issues submitted, please read the Chinese user report firstEdXposedIssuesReport_cn(If you don't read the instructions, the submitted issue is likely to be closed)
Developers are welcomed to write Xposed modules with hooks based on EdXposed Framework. Module written based on EdXposed framework is fully compatible with the original Xposed Framework, so contrary a Xposed Framework-based module will work well with the EdXposed framework too.
We use the module repository of the original Xposed, so you simply upload the module to repository, then you can download your module in EdXposed.
Notice: These community group don't accept any bug report, please use Get help to report.
- Apparently this framework is far from stable and all kinds of PRs are welcome. :)
- Buy me a coffee if you like my work.
- YAHFA: the core ART hooking framework
- Magisk: makes all these possible
- Riru: provides a way to inject codes into zygote process
- XposedBridge: the OG xposed framework APIs
- dexmaker and dalvikdx: to dynamiclly generate YAHFA hooker classes
- SandHook: ART hooking framework for SandHook variant
- Dobby: used for inline hooking