HTTPie: human-friendly CLI HTTP client for the API era
HTTPie (pronounced aitch-tee-tee-pie) is a command-line HTTP client.
Its goal is to make CLI interaction with web services as human-friendly as possible.
HTTPie is designed for testing, debugging, and generally interacting with APIs & HTTP servers.
https commands allow for creating and sending arbitrary HTTP requests.
They use simple and natural syntax and provide formatted and colorized output.
- Expressive and intuitive syntax
- Formatted and colorized terminal output
- Built-in JSON support
- Forms and file uploads
- HTTPS, proxies, and authentication
- Arbitrary request data
- Custom headers
- Persistent sessions
$ https httpie.io/hello
$ http PUT pie.dev/put X-API-Token:123 name=John
Build and print a request without sending it using offline mode:
$ http --offline pie.dev/post hello=offline
$ http -a USERNAME POST https://api.github.com/repos/httpie/httpie/issues/83/comments body='HTTPie is awesome! :heart:'
Community & support
- Visit the HTTPie website for full documentation and useful links.
- Join our Discord server is to ask questions, discuss features, and for general API chat.
- Tweet at @httpie on Twitter.
- Use StackOverflow to ask questions and include a
- Create GitHub Issues for bug reports and feature requests.
- Subscribe to the HTTPie newsletter for occasional updates.