drawio-desktop is a diagrams.net desktop app based on Electron. draw.io is the old name for diagrams.net, we just don't want the hassle of changing all the binary's names.
Download built binaries from the releases section.
draw.io is a git submodule of drawio-desktop. To get both you need to clone recursively:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/jgraph/drawio-desktop.git
To run this:
npm install(in the root directory of this repo)
npm install(in the drawio directory of this repo
- export DRAWIO_ENV=dev if you want to develop/debug in dev mode.
npm startruns the app.
- Update the draw.io sub-module and push the change. Add version tag before pushing to origin.
- Wait for the builds to complete (https://travis-ci.org/jgraph/drawio-desktop and https://ci.appveyor.com/project/davidjgraph/drawio-desktop)
- Go to https://github.com/jgraph/drawio-desktop/releases, edit the preview release.
- Download the windows exe and windows portable, sign them using
signtool sign /a /tr http://rfc3161timestamp.globalsign.com/advanced /td SHA256 c:/path/to/your/file.exe
- Re-upload signed file as
- Add release notes
- Publish release
Note: In Windows release, when using both x64 and is32 as arch, the result is one big file with both archs. This is why we split them.