Static Site Editor Template for GitLab Pages
How to publish the website
- Edit the data/config.yml file and update the repository URL by replacing
<username>with your GitLab username and
<project-name>with the name of the project you've created. Example:
- Commit and push the change to the repository.
- In GitLab, visit the CI / CD -> Pipelines page for your project (accessible from the left-hand menu).
- Click on the
Run pipelinebutton, if there are no active pipelines running after pushing up your change.
- Once the the pipeline has successfully finished, open the following URL in your browser:
https://<username>.gitlab.io/<project-name>. Note that it might take 10-15 minutes before the website becomes available after the first successful pipeline has finished.
How to use the Static Site Editor feature
https://<username>.gitlab.io/<project-name>link in your browser.
- Click on
Edit this pagebutton on the bottom of the website.
- Use the Static Site Editor to make changes to the content and save the changes by creating a merge request.
- Merge your merge request to master branch.
- GitLab CI will automatically apply changes to your website.
- Clone this project.
- Download dependencies:
bundle install. If you see an error that bundler is missing, then try to run
gem install bundler.
- Run the project:
bundle exec middleman.
- Open http://localhost:4567 in your browser.